Why Buy Travel Protection?
Here are some reasons we believe it's important to purchase travel protection when securing your vacation plans.
1. You have to cancel your trip due to sickness, accident, or death of a family member or traveling companion.
2. If bad weather conditions cause a delay or cancellation of your trip, you could lose any non-refundable deposits and/or incur charges.
3. Your luggage could be lost, delayed, or stolen forcing you to buy additional clothes, essentials, or even prescription medications.
4. In case your cruise line, airline, or tour operator goes bankrupt.
5. What if you have a medical emergency in a foreign country? Most major health plans in the U.S. offer little or no medical expense protection abroad.
6. You could have a medical emergency while traveling, requiring emergency medical evacuation. Many U.S. health plans will not cover emergency medical evacuations.
7. You could run into major travel delays forcing you to miss a portion of your trip or cruise and be forced to pay additional lodging expenses while you wait.
8. You could be forced to evacuate your resort due to a hurricane or other weather conditions, cutting your trip short — with no recourse for reimbursement for the remaining portion of your vacation.
9. You could lose your important travel documents, which can be a uneasy situation abroad without the help of travel protection.
10. If you were to lose your job but have already paid for your trip or cruise, travel protection can help to get your money back when you cancel.